Remove this ad

Duck

Maverick

Maverick

Lead

Jul 4 11 7:42 AM

Tags : :

If one were looking for a career, a vocation, an economic future, what majors at UTA would make the most sense, assuming one had the interests and talents needed?

I am constantly amazed at the bone-headed choices some people make. Please don't take offense, as I'm sure I could have chosen better, myself. It seems like nursing and the other healthcare professions have good employment prospects. Engineering also looks good, although maybe not so much with aerospace. Business always seems a solid choice, as do geology, military science and accounting. I'm not too bullish on economics, psychology, education, social work or journalism as career paths.

Several other majors strike me as fun summer camp activities or perhaps appropriate paths to graduate school. You can never go wrong with math, english, history or the sciences, but it seems like these degrees are less likely to stand alone, and are preliminaries to some other continuing studies.

Your thoughts? What advice would you give to an 18 year old?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

grumpdogg

Senior

#1 [url]

Jul 5 11 11:17 AM

Re: What Are the Best Majors?

I would say Computer Science/Engineering or Information Systems. The tech market in the DFW is really picking up and seems to have bounced back.

Quote    Reply   

grumpdogg

Senior

#3 [url]

Jul 16 11 12:53 AM

Baby boy #2 was born the middle of March so it has been a crazy time around this house. Having 2 kids 19 months apart is fun, but very tiring. In other news, the Horn Frog wife is starting the UTA Social Work PhD program this fall. SO her cumulative UTA years will finally outnumber her TCU years...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

GiantBenMav

Alumni

#4 [url]

Jul 16 11 10:19 AM

grumpdogg wrote:
Baby boy #2 was born the middle of March so it has been a crazy time around this house. Having 2 kids 19 months apart is fun, but very tiring. In other news, the Horn Frog wife is starting the UTA Social Work PhD program this fall. SO her cumulative UTA years will finally outnumber her TCU years...

congrats on baby #2; baby #1 for me was late April .... so a LOT has changed for me as well

Buddy Christ Says: Go Mavs !!!

Quote    Reply   

grumpdogg

Senior

#5 [url]

Jul 16 11 2:14 PM

GiantBenMav wrote:
grumpdogg wrote:

congrats on baby #2; baby #1 for me was late April .... so a LOT has changed for me as well

Congrats to you as well! My oldest turns 2 in a couple weeks. The time flies by!

Quote    Reply   

Duck

Maverick

#6 [url]

Jul 16 11 2:27 PM

grumpdogg wrote:
GiantBenMav wrote:
grumpdogg wrote:

Congrats to you as well! My oldest turns 2 in a couple weeks. The time flies by!

Yes, time flies like crazy. Our two kids we used to take to the UTA games are grown up and have kids of their own.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help