Remove this ad

UTAMavalum83

Senior

#21 [url]

Jul 18 13 7:39 PM

Re: UTSA, Lamar & Southeastern La football

Duck, I have been for over a year now. Have convinced 67 of my friends to like the page - and will keep asking for more to do the same. We really need to get that number up to catch any attention.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Duck

Maverick

#22 [url]

Jul 20 13 8:04 PM

Thanks. Every new "like" helps. We may be far from or close to a tipping point - I have no idea. One of my friends is an Indian ex-pat professor at UTA. He has met the new President and expressed his support for FB, but has no clue whether or not President Karbhari will give it much consideration.

Quote    Reply   

runamuck

#23 [url]

Jul 22 13 10:28 AM

football at many schools is not a consideration of profitability but merely a given. most self respecting colleges and universities would not even consider not having football. I remember back when we dropped football some smu people saying that it didnt matter if they lost money on it, it was a part of the cost of doing business. our administration didnt see it that way. you mention utsa..yes they have support but they are the only game in town..they werent even an option when I was choosing a college. I'm from san antonio and came from there to uta to get my degree in architecture. I doubt if there would ever be football mania at uta but we ought to have it. just my .02$

Quote    Reply   

Duck

Maverick

#24 [url]

Aug 4 13 1:23 PM

Not relevant to the conversation, but I have to say, things around here are rather uninteresting, compared to the places where they have football, or even soccer. I'm as excited as the next guy about our prospects for the Winter sport, just wish we had something on the plate in the Fall, in addition to Volleyball.

So my question is, who is your second most favorite college, whose football team you will root for this year? TCU, Baylor, UNT, SMU, OU, Ttech, OSU, UTSA, Lamar, UH, Rice, UTEP, TSSM, or those other guys, UT at Austin? Let me know your favorites and we will tally up yet another unscientific poll.

Quote    Reply   

FoUTASportscaster

Maverick

#25 [url]

Aug 4 13 4:54 PM

At this point, usually a Sun Belt school. I think the Arkansas State fans and programs are classy. I hope for Texas State to do well. I also rooted for the Cajuns, but their fans rub me the wrong way.

Quote    Reply   

runamuck

#26 [url]

Aug 7 13 7:04 AM

I will root for the sun belt schools..mostly stAte and texas state. I am usually outside a lot in the fall so dont watch too much football. If there is an interesting match-up I'll watch and I usually watch the cowboys. sun belt games will probably be on during weeknights, so will probably watch those.

Quote    Reply   

UTAMavalum83

Senior

#27 [url]

Aug 16 13 10:27 PM

ACU - because two of my children go there - Ottawa University (an NAIA school), since my oldest was a two-time all-Conference PK there (and I spent many an hour driving there for games), Texas State (because they're the lone Texas rep in the SBC) and one game for UTSA (against UNT), which I'll try my best to make. Also hope to make it down to Austin and catch a game at DKR/Memorial, since I've never had that experience (and have two T-sip wannabee sons).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Duck

Maverick

#28 [url]

Aug 19 13 7:35 AM

That last part about the Teasip wannabees is particularly sad. I have a couple of grandsons who wear brown jerseys and make that sign of the devil, too. Sigh.

Quote    Reply   

FoUTASportscaster

Maverick

#29 [url]

Sep 7 13 3:27 PM

UTSA drew 40,977 in their 56-35 drubbing to Okie St. UTSA did score 28 points in the fourth quarter when non-starters were on the field.

Quote    Reply   

UTArlingtonMaverick

#30 [url]

Sep 7 13 5:39 PM

Utsa draws very well. That was the key to their conference invite. Not facilities or records, obviously. Sn Antonio is an attractive location to attract visitors. I love as. Luckily for USA they have a great indoor stadium in the entertainment area. Normally, being 22 miles from campus would be a great disadvantage. They are an exception. Utsa is the main tenant and got a sweet heart deal, too. Definitely a unique situation.

Quote    Reply   

Duck

Maverick

#33 [url]

Aug 30 14 8:00 AM

UTSA SPANKS HOUSTON

27 to7, UTSA dominated and embarrassed UH last night.  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help