Remove this ad

FoUTASportscaster

Maverick

Maverick

Lead

Nov 24 15 6:00 PM

Tags : :

It's funny to see UNT freaking out about our success, in particular thinking they could get Coach Cross.

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/topic/109331-uta-uta-did-we-miss-the-boat/

I'm not saying he will be here forever, but UTA is his life. He played here, met his wife here when both were athletes, got married here, started his family here and on top of that, there seems to be no limit to the roof at this point: Brand new, state of the art arena second to none, growing fan base, biggest athletic show on campus, increasing budget, increasing salary. UNT can't compete with any of that minus salary.

I'm not saying he retires here, but I can't see him leaving except for the right job. That certainly isn't UNT and honestly, I'm not sure that is any program in Texas. I'd wager a guess that 50 schools at most would be able to swipe him away.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

80sAlum

Alumni

#1 [url]

Nov 24 15 11:07 PM

Thanks for sharing that link. I cannot see cross going to UNT of all places...that said, if I'm not mistaken, he is only under contract with UTA through this year, as his overall record in the new arena has been about .500?

Quote    Reply   

UTAPRC

Senior

#2 [url]

Nov 25 15 8:41 AM

Shenanigans indeed.. I agree that UTA is his life. I can't imagine him picking up everything and moving an hour up the road, when he has it great at UTA.

Quote    Reply   

UTAPRC

Senior

#5 [url]

Nov 26 15 10:42 AM

B. Williams is redshirting this year.  Mariega Clarke is out recovering from a concussion... I would really like to see him make it back soon.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help