Remove this ad

GiantBenMav

Alumni

Alumni

Lead

Dec 7 14 9:44 AM

Tags : :

Anyone else make it to the game yesterday?

My impressions
1. Crowd was just not big enough ... those that were there are plenty loud, even a nice Weber State contingent ... 
2. This freshmen class has a chance to be truly special.  Erick Neal did not play, he was out with an ankle injury ... But Kevin Hervey and Kaelon Wilson both were huge in this game ... Wilson pretty much single handedly stopped a big WSU run to get us our final advantage ... Hervey sunk the clinching FT's
3. It is good having Gainey back ... without him our bigs really just get muscled around ... Bilboa has energy and is pretty strong, but I think he is still trying to find that balance of enthusiasm and sticking to his assignment ...  Once he gets that balance I think he will be a really nice player for us ... 
4. Anthony Walker has not made the "leap" most of us were hoping for this year ... seems tentative
5. This is really Johnny Hill and Jamel Outlers team ... when we are going well, everything just seems to flow through them ... Lonnie Mclanahan is just a beast in the open court, I have never seen someone that fast with the ball in his hands ... but sometimes he gets a little too ball dominant, and we fall out of the pass intensive offense Coach Cross is looking for ...
6. The defense was tough, very good communication and the close outs were strong ... second game in a row we have held the opponents shooting to a good amount
7. I think they are still learning the new offense ... there were a few possessions where the back-cuts and ball hand-offs were really fun to watch ... but when we slowed down (WSU's big push) they became a little to 1 on 1 intensive off the pick and roll ....

It was a fun game, good to get one back against WSU ... 

GO Mavs

Buddy Christ Says: Go Mavs !!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

UTAPRC

Senior

#2 [url]

Dec 8 14 6:21 PM

Yes I was there, it was an awesome win.  True, the crowd was not large enough, but I'm used to the sparse crowds now.  

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help