Remove this ad

Duck

Maverick

Maverick

Lead

Mar 12 14 7:47 AM

Tags : :

It was a good game last night, but we lost 4-3. I was surprised we kept it that close, as OU kept hitting the ball very hard. Good defense and fielding by both teams. We had good overall pitching, although the third one gave up the tying and lead runs late. McLemore got a very nice double in the 9th to tie the game, but we fell one hit short of taking the lead. Then in the 10th OU got a HR, and made that lead hold up. We still have not won at Ranger stadium.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

UTArlingtonMaverick

#1 [url]

Mar 13 14 5:08 AM

Re: OU

Very nice crowd. It was the complete big league atmosphere....same announcer, organ music, girls throwing t shirts about the sixth inning. I like that we have started playing a few games there every year. Huge fun for the players, and it ought to be a recruiting attraction.

So far, and probably into the future, we will face-off there against opponents that are, on average, better team us....opponents that have recruiting advantages... Such as SEC or Big 12 membership and state-of-the-art facilities.

Quote    Reply   

Duck

Maverick

#2 [url]

Mar 13 14 11:31 AM

UTArlingtonMaverick wrote:
Very nice crowd. It was the complete big league atmosphere....same announcer, organ music, girls throwing t shirts about the sixth inning. I like that we have started playing a few games there every year. Huge fun for the players, and it ought to be a recruiting attraction.

So far, and probably into the future, we will face-off there against opponents that are, on average, better team us....opponents that have recruiting advantages... Such as SEC or Big 12 membership and state-of-the-art facilities.

Humility is okay, but I doubt that our opponents from the BXII are better. After all, we defeated OU the two previous times we played them, and recently blew out TCU. Only Baylor seems to consistently have our number.

Quote    Reply   

80sAlum

Alumni

#6 [url]

Mar 14 14 2:24 PM

Gotta start getting some timely hits as we start conference play. Go mavs!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Duck

Maverick

#8 [url]

Mar 14 14 7:42 PM

I like the statistic that I think I remember: UTA has defeated UT five times that UT was in the Top 25 rankings, but UT has never defeated UTA when we were in the top 25.

Quote    Reply   

FoUTASportscaster

Maverick

#10 [url]

Mar 15 14 5:00 PM

Your welcome. As a stat and research nerd, there isn't much that I don't have on my personal notes. So please ask if you guys ever want to know something like that.

Quote    Reply   

FoUTASportscaster

Maverick

#11 [url]

Mar 16 14 4:29 PM

After getting swept at Texas State, I'm officially calling the 2014 season the year of disappointment. How on earth did this team get preseason votes in the top 25.

Quote    Reply   

Duck

Maverick

#12 [url]

Apr 23 14 8:56 AM

Another win against OU gives us three wins against B12 teams this year, so far.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help