Remove this ad

UTAMavalum83

Senior

Senior

Lead

Feb 5 14 6:38 AM

Tags : :

Another. Quiet. Day.

So nice to read the Star-Telegram article about AISD coaches helping players get placed to play somewhere. A good many of them . . . could have stayed at home.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

UTAMavalum83

Senior

#2 [url]

Mar 4 14 6:39 AM

Re: National Signing Day

Duck, I meant a good many could have stayed in Arlington to play for a UTA Mavericks football team. Used to get pumped up for National Signing Day, but that was a LONG time ago.

Quote    Reply   

Duck

Maverick

#3 [url]

Mar 5 14 4:52 PM

I knew that. I was just cracking wise about your hand sign. BTW, did you know that UtSA uses the same sign. I guess it's okay, since we stole their colors.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

UTAMavalum83

Senior

#4 [url]

Mar 5 14 7:48 PM

So does South Carolina; and why'd we covet that nasty orangesicle shade, anyway? Our blue is royal; utsa's is navy. Their orange is more burnt, isn't it?

Quote    Reply   

Duck

Maverick

#5 [url]

Mar 5 14 10:31 PM

Re: What's in a Name

UTAMavalum83 wrote:
So does South Carolina; and why'd we covet that nasty orangesicle shade, anyway? Our blue is royal; utsa's is navy. Their orange is more burnt, isn't it?

Their blue is dark, but the orange is just as pukey popsicle as ours. Aren't all the TAMUs lucky that they don't have to sport Aggie colors? I guess the orangebloods in Austin are insecure enough that they need to see their tint system wide. But it could be worse. We could be in the UH, Ttech, TXState or UNTx system. Imagine saying you went to "Uh Arlington," or "TtA," or "TSU-Arrrr," or "Untarl." Boggles the mind. University of Arlington, though, has a nice ring to it.

Quote    Reply   

UTAMavalum83

Senior

#6 [url]

Jun 22 14 8:08 PM

It occurred to me the other day . . . we were in the A&M system for about 43 years, have been in the UT System now the same length and more. So why not just ditch the blue - and go all maroon and popsicle orange, sort of like VA Tech? That way we could really rankle some orangebloods! It would be true to our history. (Of course, yes . . . I am just joking. But it's fun to consider.) I'm with you; U of A is the ultimate (but won't ever happen). We are UT forever, now.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help