Remove this ad

Duck

Maverick

Maverick

Lead

Dec 22 13 4:25 PM

Tags : :

Seems like a really good idea, since it has less overhead cost and is likely to be a revenue sport that would put fans in the CPC seats. Like Track & Field, it is a combination of team and individual competition, and we would often have two or three visiting teams. In women's gymnastics, almost all of the visiting teams would be from BigXII and SEC schools, so we would be associating with schools that we would like to think are our peers: OU, LSU, Arkansas, etc.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Duck

Maverick

#2 [url]

Jan 3 14 3:04 PM

Re: Women's Gymnastics

Should be, and I would also like to see soccer, golf, swimming, bowling, crew and curling.

Quote    Reply   

Duck

Maverick

#4 [url]

Jan 8 14 9:01 PM

Title IX is a farce and we all know it. As a policy it willfully ignores the reality that women are not nearly as interested in sports, and even if they get half or more than half of the budget, the female sports will not attract 25% of the fans.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Duck

Maverick

#5 [url]

Feb 18 14 12:29 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcP78qKlg8I

Went to an invitational gymnastics meet in Ft. Worth last weekend, where my two west coast grandsons were competing. There were over 4,000 entrants in all classes of boys and girls (average entry fee of $95). Gymnastics is a big business. There were tons of fans at $10 a person there to see the collegiate gymnasts from LSU, OU, Stanford, Arkansas, AZ State and a few other schools compete. Here's a clip of one of the LSU gymnasts.

Quote    Reply   

FoUTASportscaster

Maverick

#6 [url]

Mar 22 15 9:48 AM

Duck wrote:
Should be, and I would also like to see soccer, golf, swimming, bowling, crew and curling.

Southland is now sponsoring bowling.

http://www.southland.org/news/2015/1/20/GEN_0120152535.aspx?path=general

I am usually apathetic towards the idea of gymnastics since there isn't a conference to compete in for championships and postseason play. There are five scholarships to award in this sport. Something to consider...

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help