Remove this ad

FoUTASportscaster

Maverick

Maverick

Lead

Sep 2 13 7:06 AM

Tags : :

According to UTAMavs.com, the UTA Tennis Center was remodeled in 2012. Anyone have any info on what was done? I couldn't find anything.

http://www.utamavs.com/facilities/txar-facilities.html
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Duck

Maverick

#1 [url]

Sep 2 13 10:38 AM

Re: UTA Tennis Center remodel?

The landscaping is nice and the blue courts are easier on the eyes (improves line calls, I have been told). What is still needed if we want to be top tier are indoor courts and locker rooms. We lost two courts a few years ago to make room for dorm construction. That makes me wonder whether or not we have enough room to expand within the current footprint.

Still, the ten courts we have are very nice and a far cry from the conditions we had in the 60s and 70s. We used to have to play our home matches off campus.

Quote    Reply   

UTArlingtonMaverick

#2 [url]

Sep 2 13 3:53 PM

Re: UTA Tennis Center remodel?

After baseball and softball are done, I'd love to see tennis brought up to top notch with indoor courts and all the necessary player facilities. smu is construction something good right now.

Don't know what the physical placement might be. Maybe we could go into the parking lot. Or. Maybe we clearl out some space on lots along Summit. I could see some of that area developing for athletics, such as perhaps a future indoor track facility.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help