Remove this ad

FoUTASportscaster

Maverick

Maverick

Lead

May 19 13 6:00 PM

Tags : :

I can't get a copy of the SBC logo, but if you go here, http://www.sunbeltsports.org/portals/0/ ... index.html, you can view the SBC primary, secondary and school logos. All are really well done, except for ours in my opinion. Everyone please take a look at ours and give me your honest opinion. I will then share mine.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

UTArlingtonMaverick

#1 [url]

May 20 13 5:23 AM

Re: New SBC logo.

Appalachian State: "Mountaineers" too small to see from a distance
Georgia State: too busy to make-out from a distance
Arkansas State: looks 1970s. Looks like some in-house, poorly-paid athletic staffer was playing around with his map pencils and graph paper for a couple of afternoons. "A" could be for Alabama, Alaska, or Arkadelphia
New Mexico State: just looks bad...an overly detailed cowboy drawing a gun? Looks tired and old.
Ours: in this presentation, part of the words are cut-off (same as some of the others). Orange needs to be bolder and more pronounced.

Quote    Reply   

Duck

Maverick

#3 [url]

May 20 13 3:59 PM

I think the UTA Blaze (or BSU) Horse looks okay, but would look lots better without the frikking orange. Blue letters with the trim color would look lots better than the trim color letters. USA has a pretty ugly cat. I really liked Georgia Southern U's logo.

Quote    Reply   

FoUTASportscaster

Maverick

#4 [url]

May 20 13 6:33 PM

Will ya please click on the link. The Sun Belt unveiled new logos yesterday, a primary, a secondary an each school with its own SBC logo.

Quote    Reply   

UTAMavalum83

Senior

#5 [url]

Jun 1 13 2:31 PM

Yeah, I saw it/them; like the idea of having it be color-specific to each program (I'm okay with that) - but ours still has WAY too much orange. I could see it being white as the contrasting color, with orange trim around the outside edge. I think that would be much more accurate in UTA's case. Yet someone within the Dept must want us to go to more orange; I wonder who that might be?

As for mascot logos - and especially ours - I was around when the horse with horns logo was being phased out; I don't mind the return to the horse, but let's face it: A real Maverick is truly more of a dark horse. I liked the old black rendition that the Shorthorn used to use in political cartoons (minus the horns, of course) and think the new one should have been dark, royal blue rather than white. But we're getting real picky here. I can handle white (albeit a little too close to Boise's horse head look for my taste) - as long as we end up having it on a helmet someday (and I don't mean one for batting . . . .).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Duck

Maverick

#7 [url]

Jun 2 13 7:41 PM

Oh my gosh. What is the plural of anus, anni? The SBC logos look like a bunch of anni, especially the preponderantly burnt orange one. I hope this means that there were insufficient funds for marketing, as I would hate to imagine that someone actually paid for this drek.

Regarding the football uniforms, here's a tertiary logo for UTA. Unlike the primary and secondary "walking A" logos, this logo is bi-directional, so on the left side of the helmet, it will not look like it is walking backwards.
--------------------

Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   

FoUTASportscaster

Maverick

#8 [url]

Jun 2 13 9:15 PM

I wish they would have switched the slices and made the ones that are orange now blue and made the ones that are blue now orange. To me, that makes it look like our primary color is not blue.

Quote    Reply   

UTAMavalum83

Senior

#9 [url]

Jun 2 13 9:39 PM

Duck wrote:
Oh my gosh. What is the plural of anus, anni? The SBC logos look like a bunch of anni, especially the preponderantly burnt orange one. I hope this means that there were insufficient funds for marketing, as I would hate to imagine that someone actually paid for this drek.

Regarding the football uniforms, here's a tertiary logo for UTA. Unlike the primary and secondary "walking A" logos, this logo is bi-directional, so on the left side of the helmet, it will not look like it is walking backwards.

Thanks; yes, I thought about contacting the guy who originally did these uni's and passing along the new official logo. Personally, I could see it being the star A on one side and the horse head on the other.

Quote    Reply   

Duck

Maverick

#10 [url]

Jun 3 13 7:29 PM

[quote]Oh my gosh. What is the plural of anus, anni? The SBC logos look like a bunch of anni, especially the preponderantly burnt orange one. I hope this means that there were insufficient funds for marketing, as I would hate to imagine that someone actually paid for this drek.
My bad. It is (and will be) anuses. "Ani" was an option used by a minority.
--------------------

Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help