Remove this ad

UTAMavalum83

Senior

Senior

Lead

Feb 2 13 1:39 PM

Tags : :

Has anyone read or heard an update or status report on the Board of Regents' search?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

UTAMavalum83

Senior

#2 [url]

Feb 11 13 9:53 PM

Re: What's the latest on the Presidential Appointment?

Board of Regents meet this Wednesday and Thursday - and there's a discussion item on the Thursday docket. May release the names of the finalists.

Quote    Reply   

Duck

Maverick

#4 [url]

Feb 13 13 7:52 PM

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/02/11/4614932/regents-expected-to-name-a-finalist.html#storylink=cpy
[quote]..."The new president is really going to have a very demanding tenure because he's going to assume the presidency at a period when UTA is reaching for the top," Saxe said. "Many times, when a university brings in a new president, it's at a time of crisis or when the university is foundering around.

"This time, it's the opposite," he said. "The new president is really going to have a full plate, and that itself is a big challenge. It's like a football coach trying to take over from [coach] Nick Saban at Alabama." Under Saban, the University of Alabama has won three national championships in four years....Professor Allan Saxe very cleverly injects the subject of football into the discussion. Don't think for a nanosecond that this is an accident.

Quote    Reply   

Duck

Maverick

#5 [url]

Feb 14 13 8:00 PM

http://www.uah.edu/[quote]
UT System Board of Regents names Vistasp M. Karbhari sole finalist for UT Arlington presidency.
Interestingly, the school at which Dr. Karbhari is the Provost has official colors of Royal Blue and White, and a horse's head for the "Chargers" mascot. Alabama-Huntsville is similar to UT Dallas in size and high-tech roots. It has 14 sports, Division II, except for ice hockey, which is D-I.

Quote    Reply   

FoUTASportscaster

Maverick

#6 [url]

Feb 14 13 8:22 PM

I'd like to know who the other applicants were. A provost at a D-II school with an enrollment of 7,500 seems a little shy on the credentials side.

I know that some questioned Spaniolo's credentials as only a department head, but that one wasn't hard for me to see.

Quote    Reply   

FoUTASportscaster

Maverick

#7 [url]

Feb 14 13 8:26 PM

I did find this on Wikipedia.

[quote]U.S. News & World Report ranks UAHuntsville as a Tier I national university. U.S. News & World Reports, for 2013, ranked UAHuntsville as 184th among National Universities. In 2011, the Carnegie Foundation classified UAHuntsville as "very high" in the research category, making it one of an elite group of 73 U.S. public universities. UAH 2011 freshmen class's ACT score averaged 26.2, highest among Alabama's public universities. USA Today and Princeton Review ranked UAH as one of the top 50 educational values in the U.S.

Compared with similar-sized public universities (~7500 students), UAH ranks #1 in research expenditure in the nation (>$65million). UAH usually partners with surrounding government agencies, like NASA, the U.S. Army, other Department of Defense agencies and their associated contractors.

In 2009 National Science Foundation federal research fundings rankings, UAH had four programs ranked in the top 10 in the nation, and 14 programs ranked in the top 20. The top 10 programs include: #2 — NASA-funded R&D in computer sciences; #4 — DOD-funded R&D in social sciences; #8 — DOD-funded R&D in computer sciences and #9 — federally-funded R&D in aeronautical/astronautical engineering.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

UTArlingtonMaverick

#8 [url]

Feb 14 13 8:38 PM

Looks like we have a real football guy here. Two degrees in India; significant history at Delaware, UC San Diego, Alabama at Huntsville.

Cricket anyone?

Quote    Reply   

Duck

Maverick

#9 [url]

Feb 14 13 11:10 PM

UTArlingtonMaverick wrote:
Looks like we have a real football guy here. Two degrees in India; significant history at Delaware, UC San Diego, Alabama at Huntsville.

Cricket anyone?

Do I detect a subtle hint of sarcasm?

Quote    Reply   

GiantBenMav

Alumni

#11 [url]

Feb 15 13 9:22 AM

His main purpose will be to drive UTA to Tier 1 status, UAH is at that level already ... he has an engineering background, research background and was a high level administrator in a system manned (chancellor) by former UTA president Witt ... and he has a biographical background that fits in with UTA (multicultural)

That picture makes it clearer to me why he is going to hired ...

Now it is up to the new AD to present the new Pres the case for football and see where it goes ...

Buddy Christ Says: Go Mavs !!!

Quote    Reply   

80sAlum

Alumni

#12 [url]

Feb 15 13 9:45 AM

UC San Diego does have a sport that starts with an "F".....Fencing.

Quote    Reply   

Duck

Maverick

#14 [url]

Mar 1 13 6:06 PM

[quote]The next prez won't add football, either. I can tell you that, and it doesn't matter who gets the job. - See more at: new-prez-t1275323.html#p12184730 Why so negative? I don't think it's fair to assume one way or the other. There's no point in being bitter about the past.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help