Remove this ad

hooch

Senior

Lead

Dec 4 12 9:18 PM

Tags : :

So the women's team drops another on the season, this time to UTPA, who is 8-1 all-time against UTA.

I know it's been speculated time and time again on this bored (mainly by me), and I don't know Jim Baker's philosophy regarding coaching, but does Morrow make it through the rest of the year the way this team has been performing this year?

The program has been in constant decline since Morrow took over (her first couple of years benefited greatly because of Capps' recruiting) and I can't see any end in sight this year.

Would that be the first such occurrence at UTA for a coach to be fired mid season?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

UTArlingtonMaverick

#1 [url]

Dec 5 12 7:14 PM

Re: Morrow?

might very well be. I can't remember a mid-season firing.

Oh, Donna Capp. The mere mention of her name puts things in perspective. How far the program has fallen.

Looks like we need new coaches for two girls teams.

Quote    Reply   

GiantBenMav

Alumni

#2 [url]

Dec 5 12 8:23 PM

Yeah, that UTPA loss is pretty hard to take ... they will need a pretty good run in conference to save her job in my opinion ... she succeeded with Coach Capp's players, but ever since then it has been pretty bad ...

new AD ... bring back Coach Capps???

Buddy Christ Says: Go Mavs !!!

Quote    Reply   

FoUTASportscaster

Maverick

#3 [url]

Feb 12 13 5:21 PM

Morrow steps down as head coach.

from UTAMavs.com

[quote]“I informed Coach Morrow that I was not going to renew her contract at the end of the season,” Baker said. “Upon hearing that decision, she decided to step aside so that transition could begin as soon as possible.

"Samantha has been a valuable member of the UT Arlington community during her time here," Baker added. "We thank her for her contributions to the women’s basketball program and to the University. We wish her all the best."

Quote    Reply   

UTArlingtonMaverick

#4 [url]

Feb 12 13 7:24 PM

necessary.

Thank you Mr. Baker. Got an AD who is not hesitant to do what is required to rectify a bad situation.

Good luck to Coach Morrow, and thank you for your service.

Quote    Reply   

GiantBenMav

Alumni

#5 [url]

Feb 13 13 11:32 AM

yeah it was time

Buddy Christ Says: Go Mavs !!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

hooch

#6 [url]

Feb 13 13 2:07 PM

We can finally stop being a Mansfield Collection University, and, hopefully, get back to the level we were at the end of the Capps era/beginning of Morrow.

When I heard about this story, I always think back to how Tiffany Parker, Candice Champion and all the other studs in that timeframe feel about shape the program is in now. I think the CPC would have had 1,500-plus a night during those years.

Quote    Reply   

FoUTASportscaster

Maverick

#7 [url]

Feb 13 13 6:16 PM

As you know from posts last year, I am generally a patience be kinda guy. But this season coupled with a verbal commit from Jessieka Palmer, only to have her sign with Houston has made me agree that this is the best course of action.

Quote    Reply   

Duck

Maverick

#8 [url]

Feb 13 13 7:42 PM

I think you've put your finger on the problem. Even a great coach has to be able to recruit well in order to win in the college game. Apparently, recruiting was not her forte, or perhaps her assistants let her down in that regard.

Quote    Reply   

Duck

Maverick

#9 [url]

Feb 14 13 8:46 PM

Girls win 60-58 against I duh "ho."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help