Remove this ad

runamuck

Junior

Lead

Nov 14 12 2:43 PM

Tags : :

It looks like the WAC will have 3 teams in bowl games this year..does the conference dole any of the revenue from those games to the non football members like uta.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

FoUTASportscaster

Maverick

#1 [url]

Nov 15 12 7:12 AM

Re: WAC revenue sharing

Yes. That's the main reason UTA could move to a low-cost conference in the SLC to a higher-cost, more-geographically-spread-out conference like the WAC.

Quote    Reply   

runamuck

#2 [url]

Nov 17 12 7:39 AM

well I wasnt sure how the wac handled non football schools...seems to me that we would actually be better off in the mwc if we dont plan to add football..that would be a good basketball conf. and travel is cheaper for oly sports.the sunbelt has no basketball pedigree..

Quote    Reply   

FoUTASportscaster

Maverick

#3 [url]

Nov 18 12 10:46 PM

The Sun Belt did, but I think their transition into football a decade ago has limited their resources in BBall.

The MWC didn't offer us an invite, and likely never would, so it is a moot point. You could say that about near any conference and it be true.

It seems to me that we would actually be better off in the Big 12 if we dont plan to add football..that would be a good basketball conf.

True, but won't happen. The MWC would require any school to offer football.

Quote    Reply   

Duck

Maverick

#4 [url]

Nov 19 12 9:53 PM

The good attendance at the OU basketball game is a very hopeful sign. It's good to see old shibboleths contradicted: UTA fans show up for basketball games, just as they will do for football games.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help