Remove this ad

UTAMavalum83

Senior

Senior

Lead

Jul 7 12 9:01 AM

Tags : :

There's an active thread running on the Sun Belt site as to whether the Conference should change it's name, just use its initials - or stay the way it is; I encourage you to log on and express your thoughts: http://csnbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=296. (And they've been asking why there are so few UTA posters there; if you haven't established a log in, please do and let them know there are more of us out here than they think . . . .).

BTW - is anyone going to set up a Sun Belt topic heading here (as you did when we first announced we were joining the WAC)?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

GiantBenMav

Alumni

#1 [url]

Jul 7 12 3:59 PM

Re: Sun Belt, SBC - or something else?

well you cannot register with a hotmail or a yahoo email address, so good luck with that ...

I really dont care what the name is, Sunbelt is fine for me

Buddy Christ Says: Go Mavs !!!

Quote    Reply   

FoUTASportscaster

Maverick

#2 [url]

Jul 7 12 4:36 PM

I tried to log in too several days ago and couldn't because I just have a yahoo one.

I too don't care what the name is. It is not like thre SEC, which has schools from the southwest, Big East, which has schools in the west, the Pacific-12, which has mountain and desert schools, The Big 12 with ten schools, the Big 10 with 12, the A-10 with 14, etc. All the schools lie within the general Sun Belt area of the U.S.

Quote    Reply   

UTAMavalum83

Senior

#3 [url]

Jul 9 12 5:47 AM

FoUTASportscaster wrote:
I tried to log in too several days ago and couldn't because I just have a yahoo one.

I too don't care what the name is. It is not like thre SEC, which has schools from the southwest, Big East, which has schools in the west, the Pacific-12, which has mountain and desert schools, The Big 12 with ten schools, the Big 10 with 12, the A-10 with 14, etc. All the schools lie within the general Sun Belt area of the U.S.

I agree; but I do like the idea of them going by the SBC - and creating a new brand. The sun with the belt around it isn't appealing, nor does it tell you anything about the Conference. Perhaps there's a way to sell the geographic authenticity of the Sunbelt Conference membership.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

hooch

#4 [url]

Jul 9 12 7:06 AM

The Sun Belt is a name that should stay because it does reference a region of the U.S.

[quote]The Sun Belt is a region of the United States generally considered to stretch across the South and Southwest (the geographic southern United States). Another rough boundary of the region is the area south of the 36th parallel, north latitude. It is the largest region which the U.S government does not recognize officially (in its postal regions and census).[citation needed] The main defining feature of the Sun Belt is its warm-temperate climate with extended summers and brief, relatively mild winters; Florida, the Gulf Coast, and southern Texas, however, have a true subtropical climate.

— from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Belt

Quote    Reply   

FoUTASportscaster

Maverick

#5 [url]

Jul 9 12 4:36 PM

UTAMavalum83 wrote:
FoUTASportscaster wrote:
I agree; but I do like the idea of them going by the SBC - and creating a new brand. The sun with the belt around it isn't appealing, nor does it tell you anything about the Conference. Perhaps there's a way to sell the geographic authenticity of the Sunbelt Conference membership.

Yeah, that logo is stale. I liked the SLC's logo, a simple sun and letters. The current SBC logo seems like it is trying to hard with too many details.

Quote    Reply   

Duck

Maverick

#6 [url]

Jul 12 12 4:27 PM

Did anyone else notice that SBC has been used as the name of Southwestern Bell Telephone Company? Of course, now they're known as AT&T, but when I see SBC, I'm not thinking Sunbelt.

Face it, they need a new name. Start over. Maybe the "Big Sun" or the "Sun Doce", or perhaps the "Solar Belt."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help