Remove this ad

runamuck

Junior

Lead

Jun 18 12 11:30 AM

Tags : :

what is the word about his stepping down?...why is he leaving, there is still much to do. Is this an indicator of no upgrade to tier one in the future...did he get some bad news from the BOR regarding the direction of uta in the future and decide to bail? I am curious for sure..does he have an offer from another university...
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

hooch

#1 [url]

Jun 18 12 12:13 PM

Re: Spaniola leaving

My belief is that it's either a matter of health or the BoR believes its time for a change, figuring Spanny's done a lot for UTA but a new guy is needed to take them to the next level.

Quote    Reply   

Duck

Maverick

#5 [url]

Jun 24 12 2:54 PM

Re: Spaniolo leaving

Odd that this is an academic question. (LOL.) Mr. Spaniolo has gotten some great things done and should get all the credit, but I still fault his inability to add 2005 + 5 and revisit football in 2010. It was a broken promise. I also fault him for not having women's golf and soccer started, which he strongly hinted he intended to do.

Maybe these were more difficult challenges than he realized. Regardless, he has my best wishes on his retirement. We could do a lot worse with our next leader.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

GiantBenMav

Alumni

#6 [url]

Jun 24 12 6:25 PM

I'll take the CPC over starting the two women's programs 100 times out of 100 ... the CPC was his dream, and delivered above and beyond even the most loftiest expectations ...

couple that with the increased enrollment and the steps towards tier 1 ... could not ask for much more

Buddy Christ Says: Go Mavs !!!

Quote    Reply   

Duck

Maverick

#7 [url]

Jun 28 12 10:48 AM

(Whistle!) False Dilemma. It was not an either-or proposition. That he delivered an arena, even if it was 8 years late and $40 million over budget, does not lessen the importance of the achievement. I'm just saying he promised to do more, and he could not add 2005+5.

That's all.

Quote    Reply   

UTAMavalum83

Senior

#8 [url]

Feb 3 13 4:26 PM

grumpdogg wrote:
I think who they bring in next will let us know how soon football will be on the table.

I sure hope so; let's get women's golf and soccer started ASAP, so FB can be considered shortly thereafter.

Quote    Reply   

Duck

Maverick

#10 [url]

Sep 29 13 7:56 PM

Yes, that was nice. He will be remembered. Did he move back to Michigan? I hear Detroit could use a new Mayor, or Receiver in Bankruptcy. With his talents, I'm sure Mr. Spaniolo would make a difference.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help